Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanks for Small Miracles

I may or may not have time to finish this post before my sleeping babies awaken with demands, but I'm going to start it and see how far I can get. Deal?

[Mary Bullock loves a deal.]

So-- as you can imagine, things have been pretty hectic. I'm not even going to pretend that managing two babies has been easy. And I know [OH! how I know] it's going to get much harder before it gets easier. But for all of the chaos, there have been a few small miracles.


1. Mary Bullock has slept in her big girl bed without incident for naps and bedtime every day since the baby was born. I don't know what kind of peace has come over her about this transition, but I can only assume that my prayers [and there were many, many, many] were answered.


2. I am getting more sleep now than I did in the last three months of pregnancy. I actually feel rested. Not always calm--that would be a total lie. But rested enough to get through the day.


3. Lee IV is a great eater, great sleeper, quiet crier, and patient waiter. Some day soon he might wake up a little more and realize he can be more demand-y [I mean, he IS a baby], but he is making this first week so much easier on his mama.


4. Lee III has declared that he will not stop loving me at least until Lee IV's first birthday. So when the baby wakes up and gets demand-y, and MB decides POOP TO THIS BIG GIRL BED BUSINESS, and I am getting a half hour of sleep per night, I have a little leeway on my bad moods. Up until [and including? I'll have to clarify the contract] December 1, 2011.
























5. And thank you to all of you who are small miracles in my life, too. You know who you are, and you have probably seen me cry and still loved me. Motherhood is not a task to be survived alone.

And another miracle-- the babies are still sleeping! #1 on my nap time to-do list: Make another to-do list.

LOVE.
Suz

4 comments:

  1. I love all these photos of Lee IV - he's so precious. Glad to hear things are going somewhat smoothly in the Wedekind house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww. gotta say that was one of your best posts ever! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a wonderful mother, those are some very blessed children and Lee III must feel pretty darned lucky.
    much love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete