Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Awesome title here

Last year, after much boasting on my part, Mary Bullock made it to exactly zero Easter egg hunts. 


But she more than made up for it this year!


Is it mean that we are now making her earn her own Easter candy? Perhaps. But if we didn't, she would eat all the choc-wit in one sitting, work herself into a frenzied lather, pee on someone's rug, and collapse into a heap in the middle of our kitchen.

Don't ask me how I know.
























Thankfully we had learned this lesson by Easter Sunday, so it was actually a peaceful day.















































We were hosted by family friends, Raya and Neill.

























In addition to her always fabulous flowers and food [must make: Ina Garten panzanella. HOLY COW!], Raya readied her home with MB appropriate toys-- bunny and chicken wind-up toys.  She had so much fun with them.


























































Shortly after lunch, the boy nodded off to sleep in Aunt Kay Kay's lap, and it was time to go home for a family nap.

And now we're on the downward slide toward summer! Mary Bullock is determined to teach herself how to swim, which is my new nightmare. I'm trying to resist the urge to buy her one of those swimsuits with the built-in floaties. [Laura, if you're reading, I know you're snarfing. Don't worry, I won't do it.]

We hope you all had a lovely and relaxing Easter!

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I just bought one of those swimsuits but we haven't tested it out yet. Another mom convinced me so we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it goes! I think I'd be afraid that if she wore one, she'd *think* she could swim before she actually could, and she'd go jumping into pools without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. get the swimbelts (can find them on Amazon.com) where it is a belt that ties around their waist and it has float blocks that keeps them upright while also teaching them the proper way to swim. they used them at the Y for swim lessons and we loved them. Lillith wore those and after the end of the 2nd summer was swimming unassisted (at age 3). I'll send you a link if you're interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, I've never seen those. I'll take a look!

    ReplyDelete