Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Almost as good as a nap

I woke up at 4:15 again this morning. I have been waking up early in general, but the time change has thrown my early-but-sane wake up time into the ballpark of the truly ridiculous.

And I'm not kidding about the ridiculous part. Being tired makes me behave very oddly, like when I found our normally super clingy dog lying in our bedroom all by himself this morning and laughed until it almost turned into crying. I'm teetering on the brink here lately. Hormones + little sleep + a to-do list that never gets any shorter= scary laugh-crying.

Anyway. Mary Bullock climbed onto our bed this morning while I was getting dressed. She put her head on the pillow.

Nap Nap, Mama, she said.
Light off!
I pulled the covers up around her.
Mama lay down, tooooo? 
I climbed in beside her and closed my eyes. I could hear her heavy breathing getting closer to my face.
I love that sound. So innocent.
She put her hands over my eyelids, and I opened my eyes to her sweet baby face inches away.  I had to stop myself from covering her cheeks with kisses.


























Nap over, Mama. 
Get uuuuup!

No comments:

Post a Comment