Saturday, November 27, 2010

Southern Living Spice Cake

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Thanks to God and His miracle of Tylenol PM, I am actually able to include some sentences in this post. :)

So, I survived the making of the Southern Living Spice Cake.
I survived eating it, too, amazingly, since the ingredient list included
























which is not a food friend of mine, as many of you know. 
What can I say? I love that husband of mine. I would never willingly bake with or consume coconut for another human being.
























The citrus filling was super easy-- dump and stir. Now that's my kind of baking.
























The icing was less difficult than it sounded, with all the mixing over simmering water and whatnot. But I will say that this was much more easily accomplished with Mary Bullock playing at her Pretty's house rather than stomping at my feet demanding BUCK BUCK DO IT ALL BY SELF.

So this was the end result:






































I wish that I could say that this cake was the best thing I've ever tasted, and it was delicious, but between you and me, I'd rather have Buddy Pie any day. 

Want a taste? It's taking up valuable cookie space in my refrigerator. Stop yourself on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment