Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Almost there...

So, after a tearful freak out on the phone to my sister last week, she hopped on a plane and came down here for the weekend to help us get the baby room settled. I cannot even describe how amazing it is to A) have a sister who loves me enough to do this, and B) actually have the room semi-ready. Both of those things have gone a long way towards calming my very anxious mind.

























Lee put the finishing touches on the furniture, and we triple-teamed the painting of the walls. By the end of the day on Saturday I was able to start putting the baby's clothes in drawers and managing the general feeling of chaos that has consumed our house in the last few weeks.

We're still waiting on some details like window treatments and such, so I'll wait to show you what it all looks like. But MB seems to love it and has slept in her big girl bed with no problems the last two nights. So I can mark another one off of the worry list [for now]. She is even *knock wood* napping in her bed as I type. This is another HUGE relief.

Nothing will be perfect-- not the room, not the timing, and certainly not me, but it's coming together. And fairly soon [hopefully no sooner than December 10th, dear baby, if you're listening!] we'll be a family of four!

Plus or minus a dog.
Anyone want a dog?

Just kidding.
Not really. But that's a separate post.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so gracious as to crop my body out of that photo. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT Baby Numero Dos better share his cake if he arrives on the 10th. Also, make sure he likes the strawberry kind-- let's take it easy on Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisters are most definitely *the* best. I am happy that you too have a lovely one that comes to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete