Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mazel Tov, Y'all

Why yes, I did just fly to Nashville with a newborn baby.  People look at me like I'm a little nuts when they hear this. It was a little nuts. But I only would have done it for a few people on earth.

























Jill is one of them. She got married last weekend with one of the best weddings I've ever attended. We started off the weekend with a bridesmaids luncheon at The Hermitage Hotel. That's the [Hur-muh-tij] not the [Hur-muh-TAAAHJ], for all of you who are not from around those parts [Julie!]. And yes, there is champagne in that orange juice. I'm sorry to say the champagne is not the reason for my poor picture taking.  I really just need to study my For Dummies book a little more. :)
























This is Ashley, one of the only other people I would have flown with a newborn for. Luckily, her wedding is a few months away. Hopefully I will be getting more sleep then and will not look like a bloated zombie in my bridesmaid's dress.

Fingers crossed. 


























The rehearsal dinner was at Nashville City Club, where we performed our second-to-last-ever rehearsal dinner poem.



I wish I could say this was after the champagne, but it wasn't. My friends are just weirdos.







































The wedding ceremony on Sunday was one of the most beautiful services I've witnessed. One of the bridesmaids even cried through most of it.
Oh wait. That was me. 
























The reception was definitely one of the coolest parts of the weekend. It was at The Loveless Barn, where we dined on fried chicken and biscuits. I'm not sure wedding fare gets any better than that, at least not for me. :)

























And the bride and groom where pretty fabulous, too.


Mazel Tov!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been waiting for pictures from this weekend, and these are great! Jill looks absolutely beautiful, and the series of Ashley and Julie is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just had to post those pics of us, huh??
    It was so fun though!

    ReplyDelete