Tuesday, January 25, 2011

You asked

And by you, I mean, Taylor. The rest of you might not care. Except Molly. You care about everything MB and L4 related. :)
So-- the nursery. The nursery that I fretted, nagged, cried, and swore over? It's not done. I'm not sure it will ever be done. I prefer to think of it as a work in progress, sort of like me. I'm sure we'll keep ticking projects off of the to-do list right up until the time this room is ready to be turned into something else!


First, a repeat picture of my squirrel.  I posted the first picture of him with his giraffe here, just so you can see how big he is getting. So-- this is his crib. The outside of the bumper is Amy Butler Full Moon Dots in Cherry.  Here is a better picture of the bedding-- taken the day we came home from the hospital. The inside is super soft minky dots. [I want to cover my entire house in minky dots. I rub my face on MB's pillows when she's not looking.]


























I chose this fabric because it coordinates with the Amy Butler Wallflower print that I used for MB's bedskirt.
























Finding fabrics that coordinated for both boy and girl was a little tricky, especially since I am not skilled enough to make decisions about color and scale and design-y things like that. Amy Butler prints are coordinated enough for dummies like me. :)

The curtains are sailcloth panels from Target that got an upgrade from Grandma Moose [my mom]. She is my go-to seamstress for baby rooms, much to her dismay at this point. I'm sure every time her phone rings now, she's willing me to just buy something from Pottery Barn Kids already.  Ahhhh-- but I could never be so easy. [Which she should totally know by now, having raised me. =)]

Just a few weeks ago I finally got around to doing the "art" [if you can call it that] for the space above the changing table.

























I wanted [and actually convinced Lee to get] a Sugarboo print for above the changing table. I've wanted one forever and thought it would be perfect for this space-- until the day that MB stuck her hand into a tub of Aquaphor and smeared it all over that very wall while I was changing her diaper.  And then Plan B was hatched. It's a canvas covered in burlap and painted with fabric paint, so even if it one day gets covered in poop, [and I am positive that day will come sooner rather than later] I can toss it and do something else and not shed tears over it.















































We finally got around to hanging Lee IV's car mobile a few weeks ago. And by we, I mean Lee III.  I am no help on these projects.
























[Another idea hijacked from Sugarboo and executed by my chief seamstress.]

And that's about it, unless you want pictures of the piles of toys and dirty clothes on the floor. Let me know if you do-- I like to keep it real around here. ;)

7 comments:

  1. As someone who is attempting her own nursery planning, I loved this post! It looks great! The Be Kind to Each Other is awesome. And I can't believe how much Lee has grown!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOooohh I love the new art work. But it should really say:

    Be Kind to Each Other (Mary Bullock and Lee IV)
    Because I'm Watching You Via Baby Monitor

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! it's awesome! do they share a room? i always wanted L & L to share a room, but it did not happen :( the room is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it's so cute Suz, I love the materials and he is just so super cute. i can't believe how BIG he is already!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really don't realize how big he's gotten until you see the itty bitty Lee Picture!

    Also - LOVE Olivia on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly, you're creepy.

    Suz, the nursery is great and all. But, dem babies. I want dem babies. Must.Squeeze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT. You did an absolutely brilliant job at making a co-ed room work and be stylish all at the same time! Thanks for answering my Q with a great post.

    ReplyDelete