Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quickie

Last week was sort of a doozie-- sorry for the long absence. But chances are, if I know you, I saw you in person last week. Because we were all over the place. We're crazy like that.

























We started last week with a trip out to Kingsley Lake with the ladies from my Bible Study. It was great fun, and Mary Bullock managed not to make a total mess, which is more than I can say for the rest of the week. And this was probably mostly because she was playing in the water, which lends itself well to Hurricane Mary Bullock.

At the end of last week, I took another crazy road trip like last year's, only this time with two babies. And my mom, because until I grow Go-Go-Gadget Arms, I will not be driving any kind of long distances with two babies by myself.
























So we drove up to North Carolina to see my parents for a few days. MB kept us busy on Dada's playground, which is really just a swingset with a slide, but to her it was a whole playground, and it kept her busy so that was fine with me. If you are now asking yourself where the mess is in this picture, I have edited it out.

Yes, I edit out random chocolate smudges on my baby's face. If I didn't, I wouldn't have a decent picture of her past the age of 12 months. Judge me all you want.

Ahem. Where was I? Oh yes. But before all that happened, we put our house on the market. Which was when the whole week kind of got nutty. SEE WHY I HAVEN'T POSTED? You would have gotten dizzy.







































After a brief stay in North Carolina, I headed up to NoVa [by myself! I deserve a medal!] with the babies to visit my sis, her husband, and Mary Bullock's best fwend eva [which she announced to me in a heartbreaking voice as we were leaving] Cousin Bennie.

I have discovered that it is physically impossible for me to call him Ben. Sorry, little man. Bennie it is.

They had the best time playing in the yard. I love seeing them together, especially now that they can actually carry on somewhat of a conversation!


























I love this picture. That's all.

While in NoVa, Jen and I met up with Rachel to go to Luckett's Spring Market.  It was super hot and I had the baby in the Bjorn so I skipped pictures. Definitely worth a look if you've never been, but I wouldn't recommend taking your nursing baby with you. Just a tip.


























We made it back home in time for MB's end of the year party at school on Tuesday. This was one mess that  is beyond my editing abilities. I just had to shake my head at this one. That paint took three baths to scrub off.

If you're keeping count, you're probably wondering where Baby Brother is in all this. Well, he was probably sleeping. Babies sleep a lot. And they tend to not make messes that require photo documentation. But there's also a good chance that I was too busy kissing his cheeks to take his picture. It's a problem.  He did start semi-sitting up last weekend thanks to some coaching from Uncle Jake!






































I'm so impressed! He shocked even me with this sitting up skills. I think it helps when he has a full diaper. :) It balances out his heavier top half.

So that brings us up to today, and I'll post on that later.
Hope y'all had a great week, too.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! It was ME that taught your baby to sit up, thanks. It was Jake that taught your baby to drool. I can understand your confusion, but just wanted to set the official record straight. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete