Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bubble Teddy

This morning as still-poopy MB clung to my hip, I explained to her that Aunt Kay Kay was coming to play while Mommy went to Bible Study. I could feel her getting desperate and a whine starting up her throat. Her little knees dug into my hip.

When she finally let me put her down, she said Bubble Teddy, Mama!
Bubble Teddy? I repeated. Do you mean you want your Freddie?
No. Bub-ble Ted-dy, she said slowly, enunciating. I love it when she talks to me like I'm a two year old. The irony-- it kills me.
I don't know what you mean, sweetheart. What's a Bubble Teddy? I always feel bad when I don't know what she means.
She went over to the desk and got her Bible flap book and opened it.

































































Bubble Teddy, Mama.

See? See why I love her?

2 comments:

  1. Never going to say Bible Study ever again. Bubble Teddy from here on out. Much better:)

    ReplyDelete