Thursday, April 8, 2010

Four Freddies

I've been meaning to post about Mary Bullock's Freddies for a while now, but it turns out, it's hard to get them all together for a group photo. At any given time, one is in MB's mouth, one is in her crib, one is in the wash [which may surprise you after you see these photos], and one is on the missing list.

Plus, most of my blogging gets done when MB is asleep with her Freddies wound tightly in her fists, so there's that problem.

But tonight the Freddies were all present and accounted for.






























Clockwise L-R: Freddy (original Freddy is the green one), Spotted Freddy, White Freddy, Pink Freddy





















[Mary Bullock insisted on sitting in my lap for these pictures. Please excuse the odd angles.] 

Lest you think I am way weirder than I actually am, these lovies did not start out with the same name.  I had named them perfectly good names, but Freddy was the first one that Mary Bullock learned, so Freddy they all became.




















She loves them all equally, thank goodness. This allows us to be able to wash a couple of them at a time. Because what she likes to do is suck on them.




















That's why all their tags are all brown and disgusting. They also smell really awful. She does not seem to notice.




















Whenever she sees a Freddy after a long separation, she hugs it and says Fred-dyyyyyy! like she has missed a long lost friend.




















I think if Mary Bullock could express herself more clearly, she would say that her Freddies are at the top of her Birthday Things list




















right behind her books


9 comments:

  1. Sidney has "Ducky". Ducky goes everywhere and does everything with her. We only have one Ducky, so be thankful for your four Freddys. Ducky is going on 5 years and is truly looking her age. Sidney asked me to put more "fur" on her b/c she's worn so thin. Beth Ramsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 5 lovies and I swear we can barely keep one clean at a time. The look on Ben's face when he's reunited with his lovey is pure joy. The look on my face is "GROSS that thing STINKS."

    When we were in NC last week, we accidentally left his lovies at Mom & Dad's but we put him to bed at the B's. BIG MISTAKE. He cried for 45 minutes and we finally had to go get them and bring them back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable. Her Freddies looks very loveable, and I love the look on her face when she has all four of them in her little hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picture number 5 in this montage is the best picture ever. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! I don't know how you can keep up with four--yowsa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have got to tell you that I just got approved as a vendor from Angel Dear- who makes the freddies!! Or loveys in our house. O man still sleeps with his blue lamb and H has the green froggy. I'm going to monogram them and sell them on my site, but I love them so much I just wanted extras for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! So precious. Thankfully Claire isn't obsessed with anything right now that she can make gross. She's all about her puzzles and my shoes. But, you never know what tomorrow will bring in the life of a toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, too cute. I love how they're all named Freddy. Satchel has a stuffed rhino that she drags everywhere, but I have a feeling that's a little different.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your precious dear & her Freddies reminds me so much of DLG and her lovies-- Baby Bunny & Bunny Bear. And my own humungo teddy bears! Her big brother never loved a lovie like she does. They're so precious. I'd better get some pictures, too, in case she ever decides to "grow up." (Sniff.)

    ReplyDelete