Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hands-on

Mary Bullock was a little Sicky Sickerson last week, so she was out of school for several days. I love that girl to pieces, but the two of us together all day for days and days on end-- especially stuck in the house-- is not good for either one of us. Or the house, which looked more like a disaster area than a home.


So in our never ending quest for activities, we headed over to the Hands On Children's Museum. I'd purchased a membership on Groupon a month or so ago and finally had the perfect opportunity to check it out.

She went from crying to smiling in less than an hour and for not very much money. I'm not going to say it's the awesomest place I've ever been, but to a two year old who loves a) choo choo trains b) grocery stores c) fire trucks and let's not forget d) not having to sit around watching Mommy feed that baby, I'm sure it seemed like Shangri-La. And that's good enough for me!









6 comments:

  1. Ha! That is TOO funny that she has International Delight in her shopping cart! I am sure she has never seen Mommy buy that at the store before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha...I was going to say the same thing as Rach. Looks like she had a ball! But I would hate to be the person who works at that place and has to put all that stuff back on the shelf when the kids are done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok good, I wondered about that place but never checked it out due to the sketchy outside of it! we'll have to try it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've got to say, even crying her eyes out, she is still absolutely *beautiful*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know! I was just looking at going there on Monday, but I was a little leary. With all of this yucky weather, that will definitely be a good place to go! XO!

    ReplyDelete