Friday, October 15, 2010

Today's Lesson

Do you read Jesus Calling?

























It really is an amazing book. It especially speaks volumes to complainers and whiners such as myself. I know I've skipped a few days when my woe is me attitude reaches a fever pitch and the world seems to be coming down on my head.

Today was a catch up day for me, but I also flipped through some devotions from the early part of this year, before I bought the book.

January 26 had this to offer:
Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life. Part of you in still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is a false hope. As I told my disciples: in the world, you will have trouble. Link your hope not to problem solving in this life but to the promise of an eternity of problem-free life in heaven. 

Which spoke to me today, since just last night I was whining to Lee: why can't anything ever be easy?

But January 26th was also kind of nagging at me. What was happening to me at the end of January? I couldn't remember.

Oh yeah.

I guess a lesson in retrospect is still a lesson, right?
Now I'll just slide this one in my pocket for next time I want to demand a life of ease.

1 comment:

  1. I think that I've heard of this one...written in the voice of Jesus, right? If so, I heard that it's amazing! I just bought Radical by David Platt and I'm looking forward to starting that one next.

    ReplyDelete