Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Littlest Bubba: A Morning in the Life

5:30am- Wake up. It's an hour and a half before it's time to get up, but there is much playing to be done. Head start city!
6:30am- Crank my squawking up a notch. What are those slow pokes doing in theeeeeeere?
6:45am- Daddy finally hears me. Think to myself: must squawk louder tomorrow.
7:05am- Waf..[nom nom nom] n Honey Dew Meeeluuuuuuu [nom nom nom]
7:15am-Upeeeeeez! With a nice toss of the milk cup for creative flourish.
7:30am- Redistribution of diapers. Why do they all have to go in one place anyways? Lame.
7:34am- Pour Ingle's water bowl in my lap while Mommy is picking up diapers. Score!
7:45am- Mommy already looks tired.
8:00am- Create masterpiece. Mommy says I am an artistic genius. I concur.
 


8:15am- Read every book on my shelf. 




8:20am- Rearrange books. Shelves=dumb. Floor=betta.
8:30am- Cry when Dadu leaves. Refuse to kiss him bye bye. Would kiss if he would stay and play. 
9:15am- Shoes and socks. I like shoes and socks because then I can thunk thunk thunk thunk thunk around the house.
9:20am- Raisins! 
9:30am- Mommy drops me off at the play room at the gym. Cry for effect. 
9:31am- Mommy who? 
10:30am- Still playing.
10:31am- There's mommy! More crying. More effect. 
10:45am- Early for lunch with Dadu, so Mommy takes me to a park with no swings. What the poop? 




10:47am- Nevermind. There is dirt here. We're all good. 




10:52am- Man in the park asks how old I am. Mom says sixteen months. I say, "YEAH!" Man is suitably surprised at my verbal prowess. 
11:00am- Dadu!! Bage..[nom nom nom]. 
11:30am- Back in the car, trying to snooze. Mommy nearly crashes while wiggling my foot. Why is she still talking? Bubba is sleepy. Ssshhh, Mommy, shhhhhh.
11:31am- Mommy pushes her iphone into my hand. Sleepy? Who's sleepy? 
11:32am- Mommy smiles. Thinks she is a genius. 
11:45am- Home. Mommy reads me The Little Butterfly without crying. I hug her extra tight. So proud of her. 
11:47am- zzzzzzzzzzzzz




7 comments:

  1. Love the artwork :) Riley has that same striped dress! MB is getting so big...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this was so cute, I love it! MB definitely has a good life. :)
    And I can't believe she's gotten so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty darn cute, Suz. Probably because MB is such a doll! I kinda wish she was coming along this weekend....

    This helps to answer my question--what do moms DO all day? You're busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH really? Because I'm sure that Lee wouldn't mind my bringing her....;)You could all be exhausted like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wondered what is going on in the mind of a toddler. Tell MB thanks for sharing! ;) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete