Thursday, February 10, 2011

There's always something...

That's sort of my mothering mantra. What I learned after fretting over everything with MB when she was a baby was that if I'm not worrying about one thing [naps/eating/OMG she just coughed weird!], it's another. Always.  You [Lee!] might be reading this and thinking that's a pretty pessimistic view, and it may be. But the other side to it is this: whatever I'm worried about at this minute will soon be over. And looking back on it, I will have forgotten what I ever worried about.
























My baby has eczema, which I know, is way down the list of infant ailments to fret over. But I married into this sensitive skin business, and I don't have much personal experience. When I wake up in the morning and my happy baby's face is an angry color, I panic.

And then I picture him, twelve months old, hanging from the ceiling, chasing MB around and saying Up! Up! Up! twenty times to twenty-one times saying Down! Down! Down! 
























And then I breathe out, slather his little body with Eucerin for the third time in a day, and watch him coo with delight as my fingers tickle his second chin.

And my heart sort of explodes a little.

2 comments:

  1. yes....it's always something. that is one *handsome* boy you've got. Hug him for me, ok? I pray that someday (soon) I will get to meet your lovely babies and you'll get to meet mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, such a chunker!! can't wait to see him again!!!! hope he gets better soon and it goes away!

    ReplyDelete