Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

I thought I'd try things a little differently this year and post about Valentine's Day after everyone else has moved on. :)
Or maybe I'm just way behind.
Either way, here is my Valentine's Day post.

Lee and I have *gasp* never been out to dinner on Valentine's Day.  For our first Christmas together I gave him a grill [I know, great gift, right? He gave me a duvet cover.] Anyway, so for Valentine's Day, shortly thereafter, we decided to grill lamb chops.
And then, on my two hour drive up to Richmond from Rocky Mount, I stopped for gas and locked my keys in my car. With the car running.
And then, I forgot to put the bread in the oven.
And then, [if you know us well, this is not a surprise] we got in a huge fight.
About the bread.
This was the first major fight of our relationship. Happy V-Day, US!
And then we got over it, and we've been grilling lamb chops every year since then. Except last year, when there were no lamb chops to be had.







































And every year we laugh about my having forgotten the bread, but I don't think I've ever forgotten the bread again [on Valentine's Day, at least. On other days, bread is no guarantee.]

























So another Happy Valentine's Day to Lee!
I'd rather fight over bread with you than eat it with anyone else.

3 comments:

  1. What is the green jelly-looking stuff in the corner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is, in fact, green jelly! It's mint. It's so good with lamb. But I would not expect a vegetarian to know that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Mint jelly. Who knew? I'm guessing it has some other uses. I'll have to investigate.

    You're so fancy.

    ReplyDelete