Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another post about Mary Bullock

Can I just talk about my baby for a minute? Click away if you've already reached the saturation point on hearing how precious I think my kid is. I won't be offended.

I know I'm not saying anything new here, but I think she's the bee's knees.  Even when she throws her food on the floor, even when she makes confetti out of the magazines newly pushed through the mail slot, even when she asks "uppeez" for the 14th time after the 13th time she's squirmed to be put down.

I gave her eskimo kisses while she ate her lunch and thought: this is the best thing ever. 
Then we sat down to read our books before nap time, and half way through Gossie I heard a little hoooonk-shooooooo, hoooonk-shoooooo. She'd passed out in my lap, sucking on her lovey, with her shoes on, and I thought: no no no. This is the best thing ever.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that totally made me cry! I have those moments everyday with Ben, too. He tries to feed me his lunch, it's so freaking precious. I can't wait to see you guys next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww so sweet. I wish Mattie would fall asleep in my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my favorite birthday things post.

    ReplyDelete