Monday, January 11, 2010

Cuisin[heart]

Ok, I'm about to admit something to you that is very embarrassing.

Up until about 15 minutes ago, I was afraid of my Cuisinart. Like, serious fear. I got it for Christmas two years ago, and I didn't even unpack it. It has been sitting up in the cabinet right where Lee put it, with the twisty-tie still around the cord.

I had very good intentions of making Mary Bullock's baby food, and then couldn't actually gather the courage to get the thing down. Besides, I figure those Gerber people probably know what they're doing by now.

I was embarrassed by it then, but tonight, when I decided that trying it was probably better than grating an onion, I realized just how embarrassing my Cuisinart-phobia actually is.

Turns out, the Cuisinart only has two buttons.
And I took a picture of this just in case Lee didn't believe that I actually did it:

Oh man, this is so much easier than cutting! The hardest part was getting the bowl off. Good thing I have reinforcements. Laura's advice? Jerk it to the left.

Done and done.





5 comments:

  1. Suz, I wish you had never overcome your fear of your Cuisinart because I would have happily stolen yours. I actually just this past weekend asked Kirby for one for Valentine's day. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the Cuisinart myself. i must say, every now and then cutting veggies w/a huge knife is therapeutic. lol. congrats on overcoming the phobia:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Now you just need to add a few more ingredients and you'll have homemade salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Michelle, how do I do that??

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 can Rotel
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1/2 chopped onion (yellow or white)
    1/2 tsp Garlic powder
    2 Tbs fresh cilantro or substitute 1 Tbs dried
    1/2 tsp cumin
    salt and pepper to taste
    pinch of sugar if you want

    Throw it all in the chopper and pulse (I like mine chunky) or leave it "on" if you want it smoother.

    ReplyDelete