Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Packing up Christmas

It's always a little sad, isn't it? Or are you one of those people who can't wait to have it all put away? Lee and I once left our tree up until February. That was a good year.

But after we outfitted this year's tree with a baby gate [for her own protection], she did not receive the water she required to make it another month. So now it's time to say goodbye.

The last thing we do before we put the Christmas ornaments up for another year's lodging in the garage is to tuck a copy of our Christmas card into one of the boxes. Three years ago we did this by accident, and the following year we were so amused by unearthing our old Christmas card that we decided to make it a tradition. Ok, I decided. But it's one of my favorite ideas maybe ever.


















So long, Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - February??? Really?!? I can't wait to get the tree down and put Christmas away! Once I get back in town our tree is so dry it is a fire hazard and I am always in such a cleaning mood at the beginning of the year that I can't take the pine needles. I can not even imagine leaving my tree up until February! I would go crazy!

    ReplyDelete