Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Can I make it up to you?

It has come to my attention that I may need to apologize to those of you whose delicate sensibilities I may have offended with the reference to my thighs yesterday. [Ahem. Lee.]

Today I thought I'd make it up to you by showing you a few of the recipes that have contributed to the onset of the [from now on] unmentionable thigh issue.


























[Ignore the green beans. They were Steamables, and they were eh. Every now and then I just get the feeling that feeding Baby B straight carbs isn't doing anyone any favors.]

But anyway. The pasta to the right is Bowtie Lasagna. It's super tasty, and more importantly, super easy. [Plus, if you at the last minute figure out that the box of bowtie pasta in your pantry that you've been counting on for dinner is empty, you can move to Plan B, which is regular old spaghetti. This happened to me on my first attempt, so I know.]

Do yourself a favor and click the link. But if you're having a baby anytime soon, don't make it for yourself just yet. I'd prefer you to be surprised when I drop this little dish on your doorstep. I've already designated it as my new go-to baby meal.

Now for this afternoon's project...





































Because summer's going to be over soon, and I've got a ton of Key Lime juice to use before it's not festive anymore, I'm going to go ahead and sacrifice more room in my pants for these little ditties. But I'm excluding the almonds, and [obvs!] including the key lime juice. Because I'm daring like that. And I hate juicing limes.

Is that sufficient? Have we made up now? I will never speak of my _ _ _ _ _ _ again. Unless all the sudden they get skinny. Then I will be shouting it to you and taking pictures of my thighs in tiny running shorts and you'll kind of wonder if I might not be just a little bit strange and full of myself.

But don't hold your breath.

6 comments:

  1. Ummm yeah, I partially blame PW for my thigh issue as well. Well, her and Paula Deen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come you are calling him Baby B? Is that a clue of some sort?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jen- no, not a clue. MB is Baby A, this one is Baby B. Subsequent children will be lettered C-Z in utero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. That looks delicious. FYI-- I made these:
    http://www.howtoeatacupcake.net/2010/07/oatmeal-cream-pies.html

    Come get some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap. Be over in a jif.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought Baby B was Baby Boy. That works too.

    ReplyDelete