Friday, August 6, 2010

I learn something new every day

So, I started out my thirty-second year on Earth by learning a very important lesson, which was: Toddlers don't give two poops that it's your birthday.

I love MB to pieces, of course, but yesterday she made me feel every minute as old as I am. I probably sprouted a few gray hairs, too. Not that you'll ever see them.

On days like yesterday, every kick from Baby B compounds the fear of having two Wedekind babies to manage.  [And it must come from Lee's side, because I have it on good authority that I was a perfect. angel.]

























But as you can see, it's way--WAY--too late for second thoughts, which I think is the way God intended it to be.

Then I woke up this morning to Little Miss Sunshine.
























And I remembered why I breathe deeply and get through the rough days, even when the rough day is my birthday: because one kiss from this little smacker makes my insides melt.

And speaking of melting [butter, that is], my precious husband made the most amazing Bearnaise sauce last night to go with our steaks, and the photos have somehow been deleted. [I'm still learning the camera!] That went a long way toward easing my soul at the end of a hard day, too. If you love someone as much as Lee must love me [and God only knows why he does], you might want to give it a whirl.

Happy Weekend! MB and I will be checking in remotely from our [perhaps insane] roadtrip to North Carolina and Virginia next week, but if posts are rare, forgive us. We will be back eventually. [If I don't decide to start squatting in Rachel's house, never to return. Strong possibility. Lee would visit us, right?]

4 comments:

  1. Good times today! I hope MB's taking a good nap for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I wish all mornings were so great. :) And she is snoozing hard. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your belly is SO cute. Seriously!!! And so fun that you are going to see Rach!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! So cutely pregnant : ). Have a fun and safe trip!! Love!

    PS
    That picture of MB is priceless. I want to see her soon!!

    ReplyDelete