Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 1: This doesn't bode well

So, I'm roughly half-way through Day 1 of Birthday Things, and a post topic has not magically appeared to me. I mean, since I can't honestly claim to love green bean throw up and a screaming baby. I could try, but I might lose a little credibility, and that's never desirable at the outset of a blog that eventually you intend for people to read.

Luckily, I have some Birthday Things in reserve to discuss while I wait for lightening to strike. I'll start with the homemade meatballs that Lee made me this weekend. Yes! I said homemade meatballs. This is one of the many things I love about Lee. We'll be driving in the car on a Saturday afternoon, discussing dinner. I lean towards take-out. Lee leans toward homemade meatballs. And then he actually finds a recipe, makes a grocery list, buys the stuff, and rolls up his sleeves. Two hours later, we are eating spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce and meatballs he has rolled and baked himself.

I wish that I were more like this. It's nice to aspire to be more like the person you married.

And as nice as the meatballs were, the spaghetti wasn't even the Birthday Thing. The Birthday Thing was the meatball subs he made for us for lunch on Sunday. I'm not even a meatball sub sort of person, but there was nothing left of it about 60 seconds after he put it on my plate. I wish we had taken a picture so that you could get the full effect. Next time, perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. Lee cooks? wow. not the same dude we knew at Wake. Go Team Lee!

    ReplyDelete