Monday, August 24, 2009

Oh, etsy!

I love etsy. I'm moderately sure that I have, at one point or another, put most of what's for sale in my online shopping cart. There's something about handmade that just tugs my little heartstrings. All of it somehow reminds me of my mom, who is a crafty genius. She draws, she paints, she sews, she scrapbooks, she does things. I'm pretty sure she could make most of what's on etsy, and when I convince her to do so, I'm only going to take a 50% brokerage fee. She is my mother, after all. I wish that I had inherited this crafty gene. I once sewed a button back onto one of Lee's shirts backward.

Anyway, despite my love for all etsy wares, I have yet to actually follow through on a purchase. But that's going to end today, because of this:


It's a birthday banner, if you couldn't tell from the "r" and the "t" (and if you couldn't, you should give up any plans for appearing on Wheel of Fortune).

I'm pretty sure this is not rocket science to make, but I'm also pretty sure that it would cost about $150 and countless hours of swearing for me to do this myself. And since designgirl16 already has a die cutter and some free time, she's only going to charge me $22. What a steal!

I just need someone to push me over the edge on this. What have you bought on etsy? Did you love it?

UPDATE: The banner has been BOUGHT-EN! (If you've never seen Bring It On, just nevermind.) I'll post a picture when I get it. But no one show MB, because it's a birthday surprise.

8 comments:

  1. Ha! I used that same paper that is behind the "r" to make decorations for Riley's bday party. Anyway, I have bought a couple of prints from Etsy and have mostly been satisfied. One print suffered a little damage in shipping so it was a little bent when I got it, but once I framed it you couldn't tell so it wasn't worth sending back. I think you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to be more clear about the button. It wasn't like you put the button on so that its outside faced in. You sewed the button to the wrong side of the shirt. That was special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What have I bought from Etsy....

    1. Countless things from my friend's shop...here
    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6282098&section_id=5868743

    2. Knitters buy lots of etsy stuff - I've bought about 10 or so knitting project bags...which are adorable...and stitch markers and the list goes on.

    I say do it :) but then again I'm an enabler

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it--you're an "enabler." ;) Your friend's pendants are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my most coveted etsy store. I NEED one of these deer heads. I don't care where it goes, just as long as it's in my house. Maybe one day... http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5501066

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Leigh. That must go over Lilly's bed. Don't you think? ;)

    It IS pretty fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the banner. I am dying to order one of those onesies with the neck tie on it like this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29846062&ref=sr_gallery_4&&ga_search_query=onesie&ga_search_type=category&category=children&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

    In fact, I'm going to order it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! That's one of the things that has been in my online shopping cart many times (for Ben, of course) but never made it through to purchasing.

    ReplyDelete