Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Why do I love this?



I have no idea why I love this, I just do. Lee has been laughing at me lately because I really want something acrylic in our house. First I wanted an acrylic coffee table, but now I'm thinking that this would suffice. I have no idea why this appeals to me aesthetically, but for some reason acrylic makes me giddy. I even laugh this nervous little laugh--ask Lee, I'm sure it's totally obnoxious.

I guess the big question is this: Is an acrylic chair the furniture equivalent of clear shoes?



Because if so, I'm going to have to do some soul searching.

9 comments:

  1. I'd say no, they are not the same. You could have an acrylic chair in the kitchen! Unless you lived in Miami. Then you could have a whole acrylic house and multiple clear shoes and no one would bat an eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - the Ghost chair should not even be allowed to be mentioned in the same sentence as clear shoes. It is awesome and you should totally get one! I want one in Riley's future play room. They make kid-sized ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kid-sized ghost chairs? [swoon.]

    ReplyDelete
  4. check them on overstock. saw somewhere yesterday that there is a pair for a good price. I think they rock. Matt probably would hate them.
    i can't paste the link for some reason. search overstock for clear acrylic arm chairs. 2 for 329

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chair is awesome. I've actually been on the lookout for a cool acrylic coffee table for my living room too. Although all of the ones that I love are over $5000 (see http://theparisapartment.net/boutique/index.php?p=206) I spend too much time shopping on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find, Laura! They're 2/$313!! Or maybe the nesting tables? We need new end tables for the study anyway! Although, I'm not sure there is a combination that Lee hates more: acrylic and nesting tables?! He might prefer to move out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please stop trying to buy jellie furniture for our house. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete