Monday, August 31, 2009

Let's talk Birthday Party

I am not a DIYer. I'm sure this causes my mother great emotional pain, since as previously discussed, she can make just about anything. But for some reason, Mary Bullock's impending 1st birthday party makes me want to cut, sew, mold, bake, and glue up a storm.

Not to say that I have actually done any cutting, sewing, molding, baking, or gluing thus far, but it could happen. There's still time.

Until then, I like to look at pictures of what other people have done and file them away in my little memory bank to steal at a later date. Like, when I have learned how to sew, paint, or... cut in a straight line. Watch out, MB! Your 18th birthday party is going to be sweet.


via Spearmint Baby


via Spearmint Baby


via Southern Exposure

[That last one is the handiwork of my friend Rachel, who also did Mary Bullock's birthday invitations. I can't wait to show them to you! It's going to be hard to wait another few weeks until I send them out! So don't be shocked if you get this invitation for her late October birthday party like...next week.]


6 comments:

  1. Very cute ideas! For more inspiration (especially the post on the 14th):

    http://sambellinasparty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I had taken pics...but when Liz (friend from college) had her baby shower, my friend Mary (Who is the DIY Queen and so so so stinking creative) did all these adorable animal cut outs. She strung them together with ribbon and it was MAYBE the cutest thing I've ever seen....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suz - you are much "craftier" than you like to admit. I remember some KKG crafts from back in the day :) I can't wait to see MB's party come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the birthday hats! love them! do you have those at MB's party?! I bought the paper to make a happy birthday banner for mattie's party. maybe, since it is still four months away, I will actually finish it. Every time I go into JoAnn's I am SO INSPIRED. I want to MAKE EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think we're going to do these party hats for MB's party, but I'm still thinking of some kind of alternative that will fit the theme. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, you should do barnyard animal hats!! Pigs, cows, sheep... I bet Mom could come up with something.

    ReplyDelete