Monday, September 21, 2009

Friends with Benefits

I love being the beneficiary of fabulous (and industrious) friends. I mean, I guess I do my share of baking, and I have been breaking out the scissor set recently, but it's rare that I just decide to whip something up on a random Thursday like my friend Laura.

See those peanut butter sandwich cookies she was making? What do you think their destination was? Did you guess my house? (And she brought Prosecco, too! You have to love her.)

Anyway, I had to give some of them away so that I wouldn't shove them all in my face at once in a peanut butter sandwich cookie frenzy, and now I'm regretting it.



Poor little guy. It's lonely being the last one, I suppose. But don't worry--I will put him out of his misery soon enough.

Another picture from the party:


See Laura's daughter Maggie? She's such a good babysitter. Mary Bullock loves her. See Maggie's shirt? Laura made that, too. She also glued her four year old's forehead together that morning.

I'm pretty sure I want to be her when I grow up.

4 comments:

  1. suz! you made my day. I just cried. I feel so special. I just posted the recipe to the cookies. Thanks for all the kind words (I would have made you the pennants for MB no matter what, but now she is getting the for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's what all this was about anyway, buttering you up. ;)

    I'm about to house that last cookie right after my lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, I'd like to be Laura when I grow up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too!!! Whenever I become a mommy, I already know that I will hold LDM as my ultimate mommy role-model. And dammit for missing cookies AND proseco?? What a life.

    ReplyDelete