Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cross Fingers for Breakfast Pizza

Have you ever gotten a wild hair and decided to make a dish that you haven't made in a long time and which is typically reserved for special occasions [like house guests] but then you thought: I love my husband, I will make him breakfast pizza on a random week day?

And then because you have made this dish many times before, you were all "I've got this" when you should have been all "reviewing the directions"? No? That just happens to me [and possibly also my mother]?

















Hope it works out! I guess we'll find out in the morning.

Breakfast Pizza
1 8oz. can crescent rolls
1 lb. hot ground sausage
1 32. oz. pkg. frozen hash browns with onions & peppers
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
4 large eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. salt (to taste)
1/2 tsp. pepper

Unroll crescent dough and press onto bottom and up sides of 9x11 baking dish. Press perforations to seal.
Bake dough at 375 for 5 minutes [**This is the step I skipped. I'll let you know how important it was in the morning! :)][UPDATE: didn't make a difference. You now have my permission to skip this step.]
Cook sausage over md-high heat. Drain well and sprinkle over crust.
Prepare frozen hash browns according to directions. Spoon over sausage.
Sprinkle shredded cheddar over hash browns.
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper. Pour evenly over cheese.
Bake at 350 30-35 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. This is suspiciously close to the famed Christmas morning sausage casserole...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's similar, but not similar enough to make it off limits. Lee makes the rules on that one, and he says it's a yes.

    ReplyDelete