Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not quite ready for our close-up

So last year, our Christmas card doubled as Mary Bullock's birth announcement. This was convenient because it featured a picture of her and not a picture of me. I allowed very few pictures of my post-postpartum swollenness [which in all honesty lasted about six months after her birth and which still sort of lingers in certain areas]. But I had one friend, who is not yet a mother, complain that all us breeders [her word, not mine] stop putting our own faces on Christmas cards as soon as we have children.

So Kate Wiggins, if you ever read this, I would like for you to know that the hardship I endured in attemping a family Christmas card photo with a 1 year old was all for you.
















Not quite. 

It's hard to take a picture when the subject never sits still


I love blurry pictures, don't you?

In the end, Mary Bullock had her own plans for the afternoon.


Do you know any babies who want to go for a walk?


6 comments:

  1. here's a little secret. you don't ever have to be in a christmas card picture ever again. MB is the star....just have a picture of her. Thats what we do. Let me know if you want to do a photo session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! I think we got one sufficient picture of all three of us that we'll use. Of course, we're not all looking in the same direction, but whatevs. :)

    Where have you been hiding? I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. next year, just come up to parkersburg in the fall and have my friend Lisa take your christmas picture of MB. check her out:
    http://www.lisaluckyphoto.com

    she's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I've already swooned over your Lucky Kids photos one too many times. I think Lee is sick of hearing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. tell Dilly I will give him a place to stay, *amazing* beer (some homebrew), awesome stories to share and an all around good time if you guys come to WV and let Lisa photograph your adorably *gorgeous* child. seriously, kill two birds (or would that be 3?) with one stone. oh oh oh! *and* I'd finally get to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will work on this. You drive a hard bargain.

    ReplyDelete