Monday, November 23, 2009

In other yumma news...

I saw this last week on Urban Grace and about died. I have never made a trifle before, and in fact I had to run out and buy this trifle dish in order to make this recipe, but once I saw it, I was determined that it should be done.

Now, I had to take some liberties because either Target does not sell gingerbread mix or I am a total idiot [entirely equal in their possibility, I admit], because I could not find it. And I don't know about you other mothers, but embarking on a wild goose chase for gingerbread mix was NOT an option. So I used spice cake mix instead.
















Yumma. Lee and I have decided that it's definitely better served with gingersnaps for some added crunch. We like crunch in our trifles.  Want some? Come on over.

So now I'm all in the mood for Thanksgiving. I'm not quite in the mood for the Christmas onslaught that will soon follow, but I'm working on that, too.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I am making this for Thanksgiving! I already bought everything except the gingersnaps - our grocery store didn't have any?? Glad to hear it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD. I saw this today and was going to make it for Thanksgiving, but realized I do not have a trifle dish and am planning to go and buy one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay so this was some DARN GOOD TRIFLE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Darby and Erika need their own talkshow..they can take the place of Oprah

    ReplyDelete