Friday, November 13, 2009

TGIF randomness

What a week! It's amazing to me how a three day out of town trip can turn into five days worth of mess when we get back home. Can anyone explain this to me?

Allow me to start again, minus whining. Ahem.

I love Fridays! There is so much to love, really. First, Mary Bullock and I are looking forward to two whole days of DADDY TIME.

Secondly, Fridays are the days when I have someone come to help me with my nightmare of a house. Most days during the week, I wish there were at least two of me [Lee is now choking on that little thought]. But on Fridays, that wish comes true, at least for a few hours. So someone else cleans while I put away the toys, clothes, socks, books, and random bits of daily life that are strewn about the house.

This week the house has been especially disorderly because of the ongoing nursery closet project.  Because of the previously discussed banshee/sleeping banshee conundrum, my friend Leigh suggested that I drag everything out to the den and organize it while the girl naps. So genius.  The downside of this idea has been that every article of clothing that Mary Bullock owns has been in the den for the last several days. The upside is that having that mess in our primary living space has increased my motivation on this project by about 75%.

Now if only the end result of this project would look like this.














Although, I'm kind of doubtful that anyone who actually has a baby takes the time to hang sleepers. But if such a person exists, I would be glad to have her trot her OCD self over to my house for a spell.

Enough rambling. Happy weekend everyone! Wishing you a clean house, sleeping babies, and snuggles from someone you love.

1 comment:

  1. You mean you don't hang MBs pajamas?? That closet is ridiculous. You never said how the breakfast pizza came out!

    ReplyDelete