Monday, November 30, 2009

O, Tannenbaum

Our Christmas tree has been purchased and is soaking up some water before her make-over. Lee put her right outside the window to the study, so I have looked at her a lot. What kind of a Christmas tree did she dream of being when she was little? I hate to disappoint her. After all, she was chopped down for our benefit. The least I could do is give her a pretty farewell. Right?





















This is our Christmas tree from last year, not that you'd know the difference if it were 2007. Or any other year since we've been married, actually. We've decorated our tree the same way every year. So I was thinking of possibly doing something different this year.

Of course, the main difference will be that all of our ornaments will be at least 3 feet off of the ground.  But you know, other than that.

Change #1: more lights. Lee and I always intend to use more lights.  But it takes absolutely all of our combined willpower just to get the tree in the house, unpack the ornaments, and untangle the mess we made last year without saying rude things to each other. [Our A Charlie Brown Christmas CD helps. You really can't fight to the soundtrack of A Charlie Brown Christmas.] Anyway, we usually give up before we have the really AMAZING gaggle of lights that we intended.

Maybe this will be our year.

1 comment:

  1. I like the last one. Maybe it's the Jew in me, but I always like trees with white lights + gold. If you can create that masterpiece I will be tres impressed.

    ReplyDelete