Monday, March 8, 2010

Come on, Spring!

Listen, I don't get on the blog to complain, but can I just take one moment to say...Mary Bullock and I are both sick. Again. This makes the fourth cold for each of us in three months. Just when I start to celebrate breathing through my nostrils again, BOOM. Needless to say, I am ready for cold and flu season to take a hike.
Ahem. Moving on.

Yesterday, we got a small dose of spring at the Amelia Island Garden Show & Farmers Market.  We packed up our tissues (no, really) and drove up in the morning. It was such a gorgeous day outside, and all of the blooming plants inspired me to get going on the empty pots on my front porch. Maybe I won't kill anything this year.

















The farmers market was MB's favorite.

 
Well, right after the Butterfly Encounter

 

and the playground.

 
 
 
Who wouldn't love sliding down a frog's mouth, really? 

She also dug the pork sandwich she had for lunch, even though it was Georgia BBQ, according to her Daddy.

 
Can you guess what happened after all that excitement? I bet you can. 


Great trip! I'm praying for more beautiful days like this and for clear nostrils to breathe in this warm spring air.  Today is a good start! Bring on that high of 74! 

[Also: Please vote in the poll that appears to the upper right. I need input. I usually get my input from Lee, but his was, and I quote: "Do it if you want to. But if you don't want to, don't do it." Well spank you very little.]



6 comments:

  1. What a fun thing to do! I had no idea this was going on. I always miss out on the good stuff...

    I voted, but yes, I totally think you should do The River Run! Why not, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am slightly worried about killing myself part. I don't want my body to revolt on me right when I've just started to run again. But it IS a beautiful course, and a really fun run. Agh! Indecision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day! We went to the Farmer's Market/plant shopping yesterday too. Beautiful weather.

    By the way, love the new main pic on your blog. Those eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just walk it. When is it? next weekend? the 13th? Wasn't it a nice day. We'll have to try that farmer's market!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the new MB pic is like the old Ingle pic. you know what im talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do know what picture you're talking about, Kirby. I think I'm going to try to find it to compare.

    ReplyDelete