Thursday, March 11, 2010

Swimsuits, Soapbox, and Summer clothes

[Not for me. I will not be purchasing a new swimsuit until there is justification for no longer covering 75% of my body.]

I mean swimsuits for Mary Bullock. Pool season will be here soon, you know. We do live in Florida.

You can feel free to disagree with me on this--obviously many people do. But I just can't put my baby in a bikini. I love her toddler belly so much I could eat it up, but I still just don't think it's right. Especially not some of the bikinis on market right now, which are more suitable for a 22 year old than not-even-2 year old.

But these? These might make the list.























































That's the back, not the front. Duh.

From (in order) Target, Janie & Jack, Sacks, Janie & Jack, and Lands End Kids.

Speaking of Lands End kids, though, I just got the catalog in the mail today. I love their kids clothes. I've tried not to all-out hate on crewcuts here, because I try not to all-out hate on anything on a blog called Birthday Things, but I'll just say this: I can't get behind that division of J.Crew. I like the clothes, but I think the images in the catalog send the wrong message to kids and about kids.

[Stepping off soap box... now. Ahem.]
But aren't these cute? 








































These kind of make me wish I were still three feet tall.

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, cute!!! My favorite swimsuits are 1, 4, and 5. By the way, it's funny, I've totally thought the same thing about baby bikinis, though I have seen some cute ones...

    Kelly

    p.s. You look great in your pictures! Go swimsuit shopping already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um--That is because I have not posted any pictures of my bare thighs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3!!! I vote for 3!!

    this one, however

    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=35362&vid=1&pid=706279

    is my favorite favorite favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gymboree has some cute ones. I went in the store today and I like the ones that are the shirts, even though mattie's buddah belly will be sticking out in between the shirt and the bottom, but they have the best sun protection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Burberry make baby swimsuits? MB's half birthday? (Just kidding Kirby!) But really, I like 1 and 5. Also, I'm with you on Crewcuts. I love JCrew but the Crewcut pictures are downright creepy. Have you seen the circus/clown picture on the website? There is nothing adorable and child-like about that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Molly- I have seen those pics. Thumbs down.
    @Caro- I LOVE THAT ONE! I'll have to add that to the list of possibles. I promise I'll pass it down if one of yours is a girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would just like to point out that I posted pictures of my BOTTOM next to a great danes. WHICH WAS THE SAME SIZE. Because I like to share high quality content like that with the world. And also, to tell you to go buy a swimsuit.

    That is all.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. The current Lands End catalog is awesome. Let me hop up on my soapbox for a second though...get your girl a rashguard from there while your at it!

    ReplyDelete