Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Dog, a Chair and a Proposal

Meet Ingle.






































Ingle sheds. A lot.

Which is why our black desk chair, which was pretty ugly to begin with, is covered in fur. I can get most of it off when I put my mind to it, but I've tried just about every trick in the book, and it's never fully fur-free.

Which is why I am going to make an impassioned pitch to Lee when he gets home that will involve putting this chair on the curb on a Sunday night and seeing how fast it disappears.

I've already got a back up in mind. See, I've been swooning over this chair from Ballard






















for several months. But even on sale, it's about $635, which lands it solidly outside of our budget for non-essential purchases (which is, right now, $0).

But this chair
























from Overstock is pretty similar (no tufts, boo) for $180.

Now, you math wizards are probably already protesting that this is still $180 beyond our non-essential purchase budget.

This is where Ingle comes in.






































Anyone want to buy a dog? Housebroken. Bad breath. Hard on vacuum cleaners, but entirely lovable.  $180, firm.



3 comments:

  1. Awww, Ingle, you can come live with me. And my four dogs. And my cheese waffle eating husband.

    Ingle says, "Thanks, but no thanks. I've got a good thing going on with the black desk, Mullet Girl..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Ingle Bingle. You should be ashamed for trying to sell your dog!! If you had a dog like Suzie, you wouldn't have to worry about shedding. So--do you want her? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, Hang onto your loving dog; in a few short years MB will be begging you for a pet. And you will say "yes but they are a lot of work.." UNLESS, of course, you have Ingle, perfectly integrated into your family and in your family photos, with MB kicking a ball to him, patting his nose, spraying the hose on him....re-think please. Katherine with Asthma

    ReplyDelete