Thursday, March 25, 2010

Small comforts

Finding something to celebrate today has been a challenge. MB has a (NOTHER!) cold, which kept her up all night coughing, and kept me up all night listening to her cough and then rocking her in the nursery so she could sleep and not cough. On top of this, I've pulled something in my upper back, (cue lecture from Lee on lifting MB out of the crib with my back and not my legs) which is making me feel full-blown geriatric today.

So today I'm thankful that:

1. I get to stay home with my sick babe-a-labe and stay in pajamas till noon.  And I have a husband who is willing to work hard in order for me to stay in said pajamas till noon.

2. It's just a cold. Every day I read something that reminds me that even when MB wakes up with a face crusted over with her own snot, these are small matters.

3. I have a heating pad in the closet that is just calling my name.


















[And also: thank the Sweet Lord for Starburst Jelly Beans. Amen.]
[And the new issue of Southern Living that just arrived through the mail slot.]



2 comments:

  1. Is that kid ever NOT cute? Seriously. She's like Johnny Depp. You could put a potato sack over him and dip him in mud, and he'd still look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been in baby-cold hades for the last 2 months. You'll survive. Sorry to hear about your back. We are getting old. At least you have sunny weather, right???

    ReplyDelete