Monday, May 24, 2010

Note to Self

Do not attempt to go to the grocery store when:
A) Your list is at home, and
B) You are starving.


























Because this is what you will come home with. Oreo Cakesters? Really, Suz? Oreo Cakesters?

[They were pretty good, though, if you're wondering.]

Food and I are not friends when I am pregnant, by the way. I need it in order to not spend my entire day in the depths of nausea hell, but I do not want it. If there were some way for me to avoid all food except Snickers Ice Cream bars for the entire 9 months of pregnancy, I would totally do it.

As you might guess, grocery trips are a little difficult for me these days. Which is why this past weekend our pantry, while still somehow ridiculously crowded, contained nothing actually edible. Which may or may not have contributed significantly to my public display of sobbing and wagon pulling on Saturday.

So today I put on my big girl panties and went to the Publix determined to buy one of everything, just to quiet the roaring but incredibly fickle beast that is my baby belly.  Lee laughed when I told him my plan, but I don't think he'll be laughing when he sees the receipt.

Or when I tell him that in all those groceries, there is still nothing to eat for breakfast.
See above "Note to Self" section A.

Also must share:






































Mary Bullock unpacked the grocery bag sitting next to her on the way home. When she got to the Ruffles, she hugged them and said, "Awwww."

I seriously could not make this up.



5 comments:

  1. Doesn't everyone hug their Ruffles?

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- it's totally natural to want to hug your ruffles. Sometimes I hug my cakesters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I would hug the cakesters, personally. So good.

    ReplyDelete