Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Surprise!

I've had a a couple of months now to consider [and un-consider and re-consider] how I would tell you all this.  It's big information, life-changing information, which many of you already know. Especially those of you who keep tabs on my jalepeno chip habits. Ahem.

Anyway, remember this? I was really struggling then. I had just had a miscarriage--not my first. Maybe not my last. It happened pretty early, and it wasn't exceptionally dramatic or even that physically painful. But if you've ever been through it, you know that as soon as you see two pink lines on a pregnancy test, you have new visions of how your life will be. And when it ends, it is the memory of those visions that hurts the most.
 
But I told myself at the time, and I tell myself often, that God is always working things out for our good. We may not understand how it all works, but then, we're pretty small in the grand scheme of things. Why should we understand? Once you make peace with not understanding, you make room for life's joyful surprises.




























And when I say surprise, I mean: SURPRISE! As much for me as anyone, let me assure you.

So now you know why I've been an absentee blogger for the last two months. My days have gotten sort of difficult--I'll spare you the details. But I hope to be turning a corner soon, and I hope you'll stick out the next 6 or so months with me, even when you want to stab me if you see one more baby-related post.  I promise it won't be a six month virtual shopping spree.

But I may or may not have my fingers crossed.






3 comments:

  1. OK- who else thought the jalepeno chip references TOTALLY gave her away? Anyone? Anyone? Love you, Suz!

    PS- When do we find out the sex? Not that I want to get a head start on virtual shopping or anything like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What WONDERFUL news!

    Kelly

    p.s. I just read a few of your old posts and although I knew you'd had a bit of trouble, I had no idea that you'd been through so much while trying to get pregnant with Mary. I am so rooting for you and Lee.

    p.p.s. You'd think I'd have figured this out when you suggested sandwiches instead of drinks, but nope. I'm dim like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad the news is out, and that you're so happy : ) . Love you.

    ReplyDelete