Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sewing Lessons







































Did I tell you that my parents are in town? Yes, they got here right after we returned from vacation. So we have exactly no clean laundry in the house, but I'm not worried about that right now. Tomorrow, I will panic.

Today, I had a sewing lesson.

I haven't sewed anything other than a button since my Grandma gave Jen and me Cabbage Patch Kid sewing machines for Christmas when we were 8. I'm pretty sure we sewed a pillow and then gave up. Now I know why--sewing is kind of complicated. And my mom has been doing it since she was 12, so she talks kind of fast, and is all like: DUH, you have to back stitch it, while I pick the lint out of my belly button.

No, it wasn't that bad. But I have so much to learn. SO much to learn.



4 comments:

  1. Hey - I used that fabric for the cafe curtain in my guest bath! Good luck sewing - it just takes practice and, unfortunately, patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I've had a nice sewing machine sitting in the closet for approximately 6 years. I made a pathetic looking pillow, bent the needle somehow, and I haven't touched it since! There are sooo many cute baby things I want to make but I haven't gotten around to figuring it out. I guess I should sign up for a class! I've got a lot to learn with this housewife business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you making?? I like that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *I* didn't make anything. My sweet mother made us new bedding. It still needs some final touches, though, so I'll post it when it's ready. Come on over this weekend if you want to help with the headboard, Leigh!! :)

    ReplyDelete