Friday, June 4, 2010

Friday Favorites: OPP [Other People's Posts]

I haven't done a Friday Favorites in a while, mostly because I rarely have time to even search out things I might like, much less save all the pictures and post them. The upside to this is that my online shopping has taken a hit, which I'm sure makes a certain husband very happy.

But every now and then in my brief online perusals, I come across a post about motherhood that really nails it, and I'm going to share a couple of those with you today. I hope you like them as much as I did.

The thing is--I don't talk so much on here about Things I Hate, since that was what I pledged to do less of when I started blogging. But motherhood is not all kisses and giggles, friends. There are sacrifices made, like getting to sit by the pool with a magazine, or reading a magazine at all, anywhere. Or the freedom to go wherever and do whatever, whenever you want. This is what I fantasize about when I've had it up to -HERE- with the day and it's only 8am [like this morning]. And it needs to be said that those days DO exist, lest you think that I'm just a big fat mommy-liar walking around here on happy pills or something.

Anyway, here are some Mamas who've said it much better.

Mothering Moments from Lyndsay of Lyndsay and the Johnsons, via My Favorite Things

10 Things I Hate About Motherhood (and One That I Love) by Her Bad Mother


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a mother, so I can't properly understand, and the thought of becoming one makes me nervous enough to practically wet my pants.

    However, I think it's so encouraging (to me) that you always talk so honestly about motherhood. It makes the joy that you describe when you write about parenting MB seem poignant and real, rather than some untouchable journey. Does that make sense? Or am I just blabbering as someone who has given parenthood way too much thought lately, but has no real idea what I'm talking about?

    Eh, who knows.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that makes sense. :) I'm glad you see it that way!

    ReplyDelete