Friday, July 23, 2010

Daddy sometimes does know best

As a full-time mom, I take pride in knowing all of the tricks that work for my baby. How to get her dressed when she's said no to every article of clothing in her closet except her winter coat [in July], for example.

I hold on tight to this knowledge. I've earned it the hard way, after all, so sometimes it's hard for me to take advice. Especially from someone who comes home five nights a week to a fed, bathed, read to, kissed and sleeping baby.

But after Lee saw this post yesterday he says to me: You know, he says, as I brace to roll my eyes at his advice, she never cries like that for me.

Now, I would argue that since most of my waking hours are spent alone with her, that the odds of her never crying are just not in my favor.

But before I can open my mouth to make my case for statistics, he continues: Crying babies get The Worm.






































And what do you know? He was right.






































I'm sure there will be a time when she will scoff at The Worm. But for now, it's magic.







































If my baby turns out a genius [and we highly suspect she will ;)] she will have gotten it from her Daddy.

5 comments:

  1. sometimes, just sometimes, with distance comes perspective. dads are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, Mom, I just wanna wear my bear coat!!! The ears get the baby boys every TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Leslie- I think our babies got especially lucky in that department.
    @Molly- see? This is why I don't let her wear the bear coat in the summer. We don't need to bring all the boys to the yard just yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jen- Sorry...I thought the picture said it all. The Worm is one wiggly finger to the armpit. Accompanied by threats of "THE WOOOOOOORRRRRRM!"

    ReplyDelete