Thursday, October 1, 2009

Friends with Benefits, Take Two

So, I'm really not quite sure what I ever did to deserve such talented (and generous) friends, but I'd like to think there's something.

My friend Rachel, whom you probably know, has started her own design business, SoCo Designs, and I was one of the first in line to order up some of her goods! First, she did Mary Bullock's birthday invitations, which I've been waiting very impatiently to show you for over a month...
























I think I might have actually yelped when I got them in the mail. I can't even tell you how much I love them. They're exactly what I wanted right down to the little pig nose. I had searched for a while for invitations, but most of what I saw was mildly tacky at worst, and completely clip art-y at best. So to say I was thrilled that Rachel agreed to design these for me is an understatement.

I've said this before, but it's still true: there's something about handmade that just gets to me.  In this case, I look at these invitations, and I see Rachel's hand, her personal style that I've known and seen for all of the years that we have been friends [Thirteen years! Man we are old].  It's weird to think that the mildly grumpy girl who threw her stuff down next to mine at pledge retreat has, all of these years later, created something so special for my baby's first birthday.  Just one of the ways that I've been blessed by her friendship.

But while I'm at it, here's another:















It only took me two months of trying to catch a very busy MB in profile and failing miserably to come up with something that would work! Actually, Meg was the genius photographer on this one, so I can't even take that credit. My camera does not do this justice at all, and for that I am truly sorry.

Anyway, luckily for all of you, you needn't be personal friends with Rachel in order to have some of her handiwork. She's very recently made the foray into my beloved etsy! Visit her shop here, and keep checking back! She's adding new stuff soon.

[Ooh! I just remembered what it was I did to deserve this. And it involved many a late night trip down to Hinton James on the P2P at 2am for grilled cheeses. I will consider myself thanked.]

3 comments:

  1. Awww! Thanks Suz! MB's silhouette looks great in the frame!

    I definitely lured you down to HJ many times during freshman year but you did at least get grilled cheese out of it! I can't wait to hear how MB's party goes! I wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, that is absolutely beautiful! I love it. And the invitations were super cute. I will be looking for you on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the invite! I especially love the "Neighs Only." How cute! It's on our fridge-- we'll be there in spirit!

    ReplyDelete