Saturday, October 3, 2009

Whoops, Make that Saturday Favorites

Busy day yesterday! I'm just now getting around to my favorites of last week, but since yesterday was my favorite day of last week, it works.

So:
Favorite Day: Friday.

Favorite new online shopping destination: Rue La La.


I've been seeing this online for a while, but for some reason just got around to joining. I'm glad that I did. I'm not sure Lee is going to be glad I did, but hopefully he won't read this post until after I've gotten some great deals! :) BTW- the shoes above are suede Tahari, $45!!! and they have one pair left, size 6.5 . So if you like them and have ridiculously tiny feet, have at it!  Use the link above, and you can help finance this for me:



Favorite resurrected old recipe:
Fruit Dip
8oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Blend until smooth (I use a hand mixer)

Goes well with apples, strawberries, grapes, and if you're really desperate, fingers. There, I said it.




Favorite new MB: kisses! I wish I had a picture, but she's still pretty fickle about it. But that just makes it more of a special surprise when she decides to grace me with her slobber. Just when I think I've been snubbed, she dive bombs my face and says "uhhhhh-uh!" which is her verson of "mmmmmm-wah!" The kid thing is a good gig.




That's it for today. I have dishes to do and laundry to fold. And a mysterious, heinous smell emanating from the laundry room to investigate.

Happy Weekend! 

5 comments:

  1. Mmm...I ♥ fruit dip!!

    And my feet are 6.5 : ) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you do.

    And of course they are.

    Miss & Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too!

    And I decided I should give you a list of some things I love right now. In case you love them, too, they could be inspiration:

    Glee, Greek, and Gossip Girl (the internet would now label me as a 14-year-old girl)
    Plain/tart frozen yogurt
    Fall--specifically things like apple picking, pumpkin patches, and smelling burning leaves (which you probably don't get to do in Florida)
    Sweet tea & biscuits (either Bojangles or Biscuitville is good)
    Bloody Marys at brunch
    Cupcakes
    Drinking beer outside
    Getting real mail, like letters, cards, or magazines
    Planning vacations I can't afford
    New running shoes
    Children's books
    Afternoon tea
    Greek yogurt
    Farmer's Markets
    Scented candles
    Aprons
    French press coffee
    State fairs
    Shakespeare
    Board games
    Matt Damon
    Independent coffee shops

    Clearly, I'm trying to do anything but school work ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list, Jill. I am inspired. I always think of things to write about and then immediately forget them. There area like at least 10 of my all-time favorites on this list!

    Greek yogurt is not one of them. But you know, different strokes for different folks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you heard of Gilt? I'm a member there and they sometimes have cute stuff. Most of it is SUPER high end designers... but it's nice to dream.

    ReplyDelete