Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Kitchen of White

Have ya'll been watching Cougar Town? I swear, we really don't watch much TV around here, but there are so many interesting shows for the new season that we've felt a little obligated to watch at least a few. So far our favorites are Flash Forward, (although I'm predicting that the writers jump the shark even sooner with this than Lost, which will make me angry at all the time I spent watching that I can never ever ever get back) (Ahem. Excuse me), Glee (of course), and Modern Family, which actually made me cry last night. I love a comedy that can make me cry. Not that making me cry is especially difficult, you know.

ANYWAY. The reason I ask about Cougar Town is because I want Courtney Cox's kitchen.  White cabinets + black countertops = love. I have been on a fruitless search for a still shot of the kitchen, but can find nothing but a bunch of shots of CoCo and the girl from Dawson's Creek in bars. No fun there.

But I was reminded of the swoon-y kitchen in Something's Gotta Give, and I found some great pictures. The countertops here are more matte looking (somebody with some knowledge can pipe up and tell me what they are--I appreciate being educated) unlike in Cougar Town, but a similar idea.























But back to Cougar Town: the show is ok. Kind of funny, if you thought Monica from Friends was kind of funny. The girl from Dawson's sort of got on my nerves then, and that hasn't really changed. [But who am I to judge?] Anyway, not every show can be a hit, right? Didn't Courtney Cox already have one show fail recently? I really wish her the best. It must be hard to get old in Hollywood. Her Cougar Town co-star's face is so frozen that she can hardly move her lips to form words. I can't figure out if that's part of her character or not.

All I'm saying is, when the show reaches its inevitable demise, they can send that set kitchen right on over here to Jax.

I wonder if it's really made of cardboard. Hm.

3 comments:

  1. My cousin who lives on a farm in WV has that kitchen. How great is it? I was most impressed by her dish washer. It's two drawers, that look just her cabinets - so you don't even know it's a dish washer. It was pretty much amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Cougar Town, but Something's Gotta Give is my favorite movie and I love everything about that house! It is so beautiful! Which Dawson's girl is on Cougar Town?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you just reminded me: it IS Something's Gotta Give, not Something's Got To Give. I love that movie, too. It's sad that it wasn't even a real house!

    Remember the blonde girl with the weird mouth who worked with Pacey at that restaurant in the later years? Her.

    ReplyDelete