Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just wondering...

Do you ever read the news and wonder if the world is going to hell in a handbasket?
I do. That's sort of the reason I started this blog.


I thought: I could fixate on all the heinous things that go on in the world, or I could fixate on good things. Funny things. Happy things. Peaceful things.
 

















And it works.


Sometimes it works better than other times.


Sometimes I also have to avert my eyes from news stories that I know will make my head hurt from worry.



I worry a lot, you understand. About things I know. And also about things I do not yet know.












If I had a silver tea service sitting just outside of my tub, could I afford not to worry? Maybe not.

But still.

4 comments:

  1. how about champagne in that silver tea service? then there would be no cause to worry! I love those big tubs. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baths and claw-foot tubs! I can't remember...do you have one? And do you find time for baths? I took a bath recently for the first time in years--it was wonderful!
    Maybe we should just go to a spa. I, too, am a worrier....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I do not have a claw-foot tub. :( That was more like wishful blogging.

    Spa. Yes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats why I started one too (one of the reasons, at least). it is amazing how different of an experience checking your blogroll is compared with checking drudgereport.com

    ReplyDelete