Thursday, October 22, 2009

One year ago today...


Ready to be induced, 6:00am. Little did I know this would be the last time my hair would look really nice.


Daddy getting the electronics ready! This was of supreme importance. 

12 hours later...

I think my first words were, "OH MY GOD!" and then "Oh, Lee. She has your toes." 


The new daddy was a little shaky.


I was sort of smiling, sort of laughing, and sort of crying. And I also sort of had jowels.  [It was the fluids! I swear!]

So proud to show off his girl.


I love that this picture looks so peaceful, but I specifically remember being very, very afraid.

This is one of my favorite pictures from her first day [actually the next morning]. I love that we get to keep this moment, amid all the lost moments of those first blurry days. I also love this because we laughed so hard when we figured out that the nurses had put a shirt on her bottom as pants.  It wasn't so funny that they did it, but that it took us hours to figure that out.

Not surprisingly, there's been a lot to figure out in the last year. And we're honored to have been given the opportunity.

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my little niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these pictures Suz!! Happy Birthday to MB! We're super excited about Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Happy Birthday to MB!!!

    Have a wonderful party! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to MB! I can't believe it's been a year--or only been a year. Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to mary bullock! I can't wait to see pictures of her party you've been planning ! I'm jealous of her decorations, there, i admit it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AW, you made me want to cry! So sweet Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! MB had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the sniffles reading this... Meg said what I wanted to say perfectly (Now I miss you even more than usual, too. DANG IT!!!)

    ReplyDelete