Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear Chair, whatever your name is, I love you.

Most of my internet searching goes something like this:

Suz: I like the chairs with the thingys.
Lee: What kind of thingys?
Suz: You know, the thingys that go [insert crazy hand gestures here]. You know? Those thingys?
Lee: [....]

So I go to trusty old google and type in "chair with the thingys" [not really, but pretty close] and up pops a lot of pictures of chairs I don't want. Actually, I thought the chairs that I liked were called Jefferson chairs, but it turns out, those look like this:


Which is most certainly not what I want for my future kitchen table (which, amazingly, will be IN THE KITCHEN! who knew such craziness could occur?).

But anyway, I struck out there, so I was back to unnamed thingys.

Then, I found it! God bless you, google. This is what I like:


And then I looked at farmhouse tables, because I knew it would make Lee happy to see these pictures (keep billing, bubba--these aren't free!).





4 comments:

  1. I think it is really scary just how much we are alike in our tastes (sometimes). I will have a farmhouse table in my kitchen someday (oh yes- it will be mine), only I want benches. Big benches. To sit on while rolling out dough or cutting patterns or doing crafts with the (not yet in existence) kiddies or just laying on. Yes, a bench will be just fine for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are looking for windsor chairs. How is it that we all want a farm table with windsor chairs? Are we all that cool?
    When you go to buy yours check out the Plantation Shop at Amelia. That's where I purchased the miniversion that I currently use as our dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should also check out Shaker furniture web sites, they have a lot of stuff like this, and some of it you can even put together yourself and save some money. http://www.shakerworkshops.com/catalog/index/shaker-furniture

    http://www.shakerstyle.com/catalog.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know your friend Kate, but I like her thoughts...I have frequently told Jonah that we will one day (when we have a bigger house and more money) have a rustic-looking farmhouse table with a bench on at least one, if not both, sides. But I like your chair selection too--when/how is this kitchen expansion happening?

    ReplyDelete