Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Favorites: Week in Review

There's nothing like a little end of the week reflection to remind me that the Things I Hate list is very, very tiny and the Birthday Things list is so vast. There are lots of Birthday Things I don't actually write about, you know, because who really cares about pot roast? or Mary Bullock's new big girl jammies?

For that matter, who really cares what I think about mini-Boden or Julie & Julia? But you know what I mean.

Anyway. I can boil down this week's FAVORITES into three bits of news:

Kirby is going to be home from Iraq by October 20th, and he and Molly are coming to MB's birthday party. [It's still weird to think that on another September 11 not long ago, Lee and I had only been dating for one month, and Kirby hadn't even graduated from high school.]

Jen, Jake, and Baby Bennie who is already bigger than Mary Bullock and whom I have only seen like twice in his ENTIRE LIFE, are coming to Mary Bullock's birthday party.

My Mom(thecraftygenius) and Daddy are coming to Mary Bullock's birthday party. Last year this time, Daddy was in rehab (the physical kind, not the drug kind), couldn't walk, and was in a heartbreaking amount of pain. And that wasn't even the end of the ordeal--he was back in the hospital two more times after that. And now he's so much better and still working hard at his physical therapy, and I'm really grateful that they've decided to make the trip and celebrate with us.

I think my poor little heart might burst with happiness. Ya'll just excuse me if I cry through the whole thing.

6 comments:

  1. Yay Suz! I am so happy for you that all of your family can be there! It will be a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, Suz! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT So happy for you!!! Glad everyone can make it! What a special birthday MB will have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I discovered "Birthday Things" on just the right day!!! By the way, the Kirby countdown is ON (36 days), which means 42 until the big party! Those are birthday things in and of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY, Hi Molly! And that CERTAINLY is a Birthday Thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the big day! and the hay bale collecting that will proceed it.

    ReplyDelete