Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It was worth the wait!



After we waited on pins and needles for the newest edition of Garden & Gun, hoping against hope that they weren't folding like so many good magazines these days, it finally landed with a splat through the mail slot today.

And wow, G&G. Wow. I'm not sure there is a magazine closer to my own heart. Stories on Chapel Hill and Pat Conroy? You've outdone yourselves.

Now, if you have heard my recent rumblings about Pat Conroy's latest, South of Broad, you might be a little confused here. But the review of the book actually says [much more eloquently] everything I was thinking, good and bad. Someone at Garden & Gun just gets me, I think.

Now I'm going to have to hide it in my secret place until I'm done reading. Unfortunately, there are two G&G fans in this house.

4 comments:

  1. There are so many things that disturb me about this post, the first among them being that there is actually a magazine called "Garden & Gun." But, this is why I love you...you always manage to broaden my horizons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...what else disturbs you? I can see why you're confused about a magazine called "Garden & Gun" since I kill plants and hate guns. But it's really not about gardens or guns, just about The South (capital T capital S).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate....you would love Garden & Guns if you could get your hands on it. I remember the first time I saw it in the mountains a few years ago, I thought I was going to die.

    They have it at out Publix now, since they did the big switcheroo.

    As a warning Suz...Matt's like it almost as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok now I am going to have to check this out next time I go to Publix. Garden & Gun is a gret title.

    ReplyDelete