Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Maaauuuuuriiiiice'sssssss


So, today I'm special ordering the BBQ sauce for Mary Bullock's birthday party. [Did ya'll know we were doing BBQ? I hope you're planning to come hungry!]

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Daddy's going to squawk about this, but we're doing chopped BBQ with Maurice's sauce. I can't even say it without my mouth watering. I don't know how I'm going to sit on a case of it until the big day.

Now, I'm eastern North Carolina born and raised (on the playground is where I spent most of my days) (ugh. SO sorry. My compulsion to reference tv show quotes and theme songs sickens even me).

ANYWAY. I'm pretty sure that people from eastern North Carolina are regularly burned at the stake for putting any kind of mustard based sauce on their BBQ, but I'm telling you, it's SO GOOD. When I first moved to Florida, I did a lot of pushing weird looking pork around on my plate, looking for the vinegar and red pepper flakes. Finally, I have come over to the dark side.

I still love eastern NC BBQ, but have made space in my heart for another sort of pig. I hope Daddy will forgive this one. I might have to send him home with a few bottles.

2 comments: